Monday, May 28, 2018

My Annual Fashion Project and TJ Maxx Store


The world is a strange place with strange people and strange ideas. The people here always keeps on running after new trends with every passing minute and it has become the need of everyone to look updated and upgraded like machines are. It is not only about the people who set trends for people to follow but now it has become about the followers who demands for trends to be set so that they can follow them. Confusing can be one synonym for human mind. Not only for the mind but the thoughts in it are the ones which create the confusion.


To satisfy their lust for something different in every field of fashion, people want more fashion designers to make things more complicated for them. I am one of those most wanted people in the fashion world right now; an upcoming fashion designer; the future of the fashion industry. I am not trying to boost of myself but this is the reality.

The fashion school in which I studied had the policy of recruiting their best students to the most popular fashion companies after completing the final project. This policy was for the bright students of my school and I was one of them.

I wanted to be the part of the best and for that I needed to succeed in everything my school had to offer. I had a sharp mind and everyone in my school knew that I will be doing something great in the future. With my unique and subtle thinking methods, I had won over my classmates and teachers.

I was always confident about my ground-breaking thoughts and presentation skills. I always came up with new creative ideas which left my professors and classmates stunned. I did not understand when did my confidence become my over confidence and I became careless of what is expected from me.
I knew I had it in me to produce something different easily but I forgot that things never get done on their own. You have to work hard to achieve your goals. I forgot about the hare and the tortoise and started to waste my time in useless stuff.

The finals were just around the corner and because I was one of the top students I had plans made and done for my exams. I was fully prepared to score an A+ in every subject. On the second Monday of May it was announced that exams will be started from the next week.

Many were stressed and some were making plans of how to do group studies and make the school library their new home and I was only thinking about my revision as I was prepared for the big day.

The day came and our examinations were on the go. All my papers went well and I was sure to secure an excellent grade. On the last day of exams our principal came to our class and reminded us of the submission of our annual fashion project which was decided to be showcased in the form of a fashion show.

He told us that the grand fashion companies will be a part of this show and will choose their new interns according to the brilliance of our project. I could not believe my ears when he said in his sturdy but humble voice “So, my dear students, the fashion show of your project showcasing is due after one week of your examinations”.

I felt like the floor has slipped through my feet. I couldn’t write a word after hearing his words. All the faces of my classmates were satisfied and pleased except for me. Everyone has had their projects ready when I was enjoying my swelling pride sizzling with the heat of arrogance.

I was cursing myself for my stupidity. My hands started to tremble and my forehead started to sweat in the air conditioned class room. I couldn’t escape myself from the fear of rejection after coming this far as a brilliant student. Nothing can break a person except for his false pride which can through you from the heights of success to the dungeon of darkness.

Now I was feeling numb, unable to think, unable to move. Only when the invigilating professor announced that half an hour is left to finish our answers I came back to my senses and finished my paper.
I was a totally different person on the way back to my home from school. I was more silent, more lost and sadder. A deception was broken. I was disillusioned as I stood before the reality that I haven’t done anything for my dreams except for thinking about them. I had means, I had time, and I had people telling me to think about my project.

But I was too lost in the charms of my God given intelligence not taking into account that this was not my achievement to have a fast mind. The right use of my intelligence had to be the opportunity to my success which I had lost now.

I was so disappointed. I just reached home and locked myself up in my room without eating anything. After some time my mother came in to my room. She knew something was wrong. Of course she did; these mothers have skilled intuitions and superpowers to know about their children’s problems.

So there she was sitting beside me moving her fingers in my hair she looked at me and said “it is never too late to undone what is being done”. At first it was a little hard for my young mind to digest such a heavy philosophical thought but then I realized that she was right. I had to do something before it is too late. I still had one week with me.

Then TJX Helped me Out

I put all my stuff out on my bed to have a look at all the possible means I had and to know what more I need.  I had some beautiful feathers, some beads and different colored clothes but I was still not sure what can I do with these things. So I decided to visit my Tjx credit card site to look at the latest options available there in order to grab some innovative ideas.




I opened https://tjmaxxcreditcardr.com and scrolled about the new arrivals at the store. It really helped me in making up my mind to think fashionable. I decided to buy some stuff online and play around with them to create something remarkable and worth to be displayed on the ramp.

Because it was summer festive season so I planned to make a summer themed project with a fusion of all the summer colors with funky jewelry and party hats. I had beads to make jewelry and some clothes as well but I needed more.

I didn’t know how to order online but I learned it from the website. I was no doubt a quick learner. I added some hats and printed summer unstitched clothes to the cart and waited for them to arrive.
The next day all my stuff was in my hands and I was finally in my confident aura once again. I raised the curtains of sadness which overcame me with a new light of high spirits and hard working approach.

All thanks to my mom I was now able to think in my field. Never had I worked so hard for anything in my life as I did for this project to save my reputation and my future.

I worked in the back garage of our house in the sweltering summer noon and the dry nights for a whole week. I made diverse color fused jumpsuits with neck scarf and some skirts with beaded belts.
I settled all the dresses with different groovy party hats and accessories. A tear of joy dropped somewhere deep in the heart when I saw my project completed with such finesse that I could also witness how hard I had worked for this.

The day arrived and the show begins in which the students of our fashion school were going to present their projects as collections on the ramp. I was as nervous as everyone because all the students had done an amazing job for their projects.

One after another, students showed their fashion collection and it was now my turn. My heart beat started to run as if in an Olympic race and then suddenly it left a beat when I was about to start. I presented my fashion project with the help of some models who wore my collection and then I described my idea behind this project.

Everyone was so impressed by my thoughtfulness and guess what when the results showed up, I was among the top 5 students who were selected for the internship program of one of the largest fashion company.

After some days passed, our exam results were also out and as I said I prepared for an A+, so I scored the same and joined the fashion company right after it. Now I am a successful fashion designer setting trends for the people who follow them with great pleasure. I know I got distracted for quite sometimes, but he who stumbles and falls not, mends his pace.

3 comments: