Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Memorable Visit to MacDonald’s | My Favorite Restaurant



For a foodie, eating and trying new dishes and stuff is the best possible mean to achieve real happiness. If you want to calm the anger, offer them food; if they are crying; give them something to eat; if they are tensed, food will make them feel better.



It all starts with food and ends with food. I can understand the delicious thoughts of having meals and deciding an hour before dinner time what to eat. And right after you finish eating you start thinking about what to eat next.

I do not know if this is only the case with me or does this happen to everyone that while I was in my university years I begin this habit of hanging around so much with my friends. It almost always ended up in having lunch and dinners at different place; outside my home of course.

After every lecture I used to feel these hunger pangs. Maybe it was some magical spell casted by my friends who were always like this and as they say that you are known by the company you keep I was also now one of the most outgoing girls in my class.



My parents obviously didn’t approve of this much liberty that I miss my meals with my family but then young age is the rebel doing everything exactly the same as it is told to do. This time demands liberty, freedom and space.

Youngsters tend to enjoy more with their friends than their family. May be it is a little harsh for the parents but this is the truth and thank God with time my parents understood my need of being free willed. So, after a week of being grounded, I was set free from the prison of the four confining walls of my rooms. Now I was free to miss my meals again and this is the very thing I did after my release.



It was a May morning when we were about to go to our last class. A boy with some brochures in his hand came towards us. At first we didn’t notice what was in his hands and tried to ignore him. But then he approached us and said “I am here just to endorse the opening of a new MacDonald’s branch near your university”. As soon as he said this and handed over those pamphlets to us, our mouths filled with water and a lustful gluttony overcame us. We decided to go there right after our class.

During the whole 60 minutes of the class images of smoothies and fries were hovering around my head. For a moment I though the professor could see my imagination by the way he glanced at me with his frog like popped out eyes.

He asked me to read the lines of Macbeth and there I was reading Macbeth’s dialogue about life that “It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fries”. A roar of laughter echoed through the wall of the class as I read it. Embarrassed by my gluttonous behavior I sat down lowering my eyes.



The class was finally over and we rushed towards the gate of our university. The first thing we did was opened the pamphlet and saw the location of MacDonald’s new branch. One of my friends booked a cab and we headed towards our destination.

As we reached there we were amazed to see how stunningly the restaurant was designed and the ambiance was so pleasant and refreshing. The staff welcomed us with a burgeon hospitality. We were not used to such kindness and why not, that you will know soon.

We were finally about to fill up our plates, mouths and stomach with loads of food. So we sat on a corner table and started to choose our order from the menu. The waiter was waiting for us o place our order. It was his generosity to stand there and wait but his continuous presence was confusing us a little. Hunger is always bigger than confusion so we placed our order.

We were four friends; all who were foodies so the order was too much for the waiter’s ability to remember so he decided to write it down. This was the moment I realized that we were little devils back then who were always ready to exploit other’s abilities and enjoy it.

We ordered two Big Mac’s burgers and two Garlic white cheddar burgers with butter milk crispy tenders and Bacon Ranch Grilled chicken salad. Not to forget the Macdonald’s World’s famous fries bucket. In beverages, one of my friend Iced Turtle Coffee and all the others went for Coca-Cola. We were so excited not only for the food but because of the fact that we were the first group in our class to visit this branch. Being popular is one of the basic survival tricks in student life.



As we were waiting for our order, our restless and freaked out wild young souls didn’t allow us to sit straight even for a minute after the waiter left us. We were sitting on a table close to the play area and there were no other families or people in this story apart from our squad.

We decided to go in the play area and live our childhood once again. Now the fun begins; we begin to play around like wild animals and then one of my friends couldn’t resist her to bring trouble and embarrassment upon us.

She climbed up the kids’ tunnel slide and tried to enjoy it but got stuck in it. We were confused whether to laugh or to help her. I put my hands in the slide and held her with her feet to grab her out but instead, his shoe came in my hand and I also fell down in the struggle. Thanks to the lovely and patient staff that they helped us out and didn’t throw us out.



After such an adventure we were now hungrier than before. Our order came and we ate whole heartedly. The taste and quality of everything was finger licking good. At the end of our lunch meal, they gave us a survey card to get reviews of our experience with them.

We filled it up and praised them for their patience with customers like us. We also apologized for out not so decent behavior and gave them 5stars. I had a lot of experiences with my friends and I still do but this one is the most memorable and hilarious one that I can never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment