Monday, May 28, 2018

When I was Lost in America, Alone midsummer’s Nightmare


People talk about the midsummer night dreams; with me, I just experienced a midsummer’s nightmare. Some things are never meant to end up the way you thought them to be and that is exactly what happened when I was lost in America. Funny right? Not funny for me at all. No doubt experiences are the makers of our mind films called memories but some memories are not just memories. They become a lesson.




It was the beginning of the summer season in the most popular New York City and I, along with my friends, went to pay visit to the statue of Liberty and roam around the city. Actually I was the only one who had not been to this state before so when we reached there, I was the most excited one exulting with the joyous feeling.

I guess we were too impressed by the horror movie Nightmare on the elm street so we decided to see how it actually looks like. Obviously I was scared to death and my friends just decided to make it worse for me. Guess what happened next…

They left me alone. This was the time when my misery begins. Alone on the elm street of New York and not knowing where to go to reach my hotel or to my friends, I felt like I am in the city of lost children. I was so nervous and furious at the same time because I was constantly thinking that my friends would go shopping without me. I know it is so stupid of me to think of shopping stuff in such a crucial situation but this is one of the problems we shopaholics face.

Walking down the elm street I was thinking that now I can make my own movie named Lost on the elm street. I was in my thoughts of how I will become popular after my own movie and suddenly it started to rain.

This couldn’t be worse than this. Now I was actually scared because of the ethereal and uncanny atmosphere of the empty street with dead houses and talking trees. By talking I mean the trees were making and awfully horrific sound when their leaves were rustling with the pressure of the wind. I was all wet and cold now; calling out for my friends who were nowhere to be seen or heard. Of course they left me in this storm and possibly enjoying in the hotel room gossiping about me. “I want more enemies than these friends”. I thought to myself.

The area and time didn’t allow me to ask anyone about the directions to get out of this mysterious locality nor did I find anyone to ask for help. I was thinking to get to somewhere recognizable or anywhere I could call my friends from and get a new dress which can save me from getting sick. I didn’t have any umbrella so I needed that too. But I was still stuck on the streets. Gladly I was out from that scary place and entered the Lafayette Street.

Another street, another long road, but this one was with houses on both sides. Regardless of the fact that this street was also looking like a dead one. I was amazed to see that the city area will still be all lightened up but the local people are nowhere to be seen in their houses.

Perhaps all the people have gone out because it was going to be my bad day. By this time I was wishing to God to send me a genie who can take me home, provide me with some warm clothes and a nice meal because I was starving.

“God what should I do?”I was constantly praying and then I saw a cab stand. I was so happy that God has finally sent a cab angel for me. I started to search for my cash wallet and what I saw in there was just so disappointing.

No cash… now I was left alone, betrayed by my friends and now even by my purse. I was on the verge of tears now with lava of anguish and a burning fire of revenge from my friends. “Why would they do that to me?” I said as a tear dropped down from my eyes. I sat under a covered bus stop waiting for the rain to stop or some bus to come but neither of it happened. I started to search my bag and I only found my Walmart credit card which I didn’t know how to use.

Then I started to move my cell phone here and there in mid air to get some signals to call my friends. The signals didn’t come but my phone luckily got connected to an open wi-fi network. At first I thought it was useless. But no! A drowning bird always catches at a straw and right now I was the bird and this connection was going to become my savior. I brought out my card and glared at it all over to make some sense and connection with what was available to me.

A Light of Hope!

I hit upon the idea to visit creditscardsfile.com to know about the usage of Walmart credit card. It did not leave me hanging and I got all the information I could gather in the small time the internet was connected. I suggest everyone to consider this site if any how such circumstances fall upon you. This site will be your guide.




It showed me how to use my card and how to find the store locations. I knew my friends will be at the Walmart store as they all were a cardholder and we also planned to shop from there; that is why I got this card. The internet connection was soon lost and I was glad that I was able to know that there is a Walmart store near my location. Now my mission was to search for the Walmart neighborhood market.

I was confused that where to start as I had already crossed the elm street and now I had no idea of my exact location. This was now becoming more and more of my nightmare on Elm Street. All my fears were walking besides me tonight and I could see them making fun of me; hovering around my horrified and vulnerable body. But my spirits were still high and just like the last survivor of any horror movie, I was determined to get rid of this situation so that I will remain alive to tell my story to the world.

I decided to start walking back from where I came but it all looked so same that I thought I should have left some identification road marks. I felt like I was the part of the ‘Enchanted maze’ which I used to read as a child. As I was walking through the Lafayette Street to reach back to where I started I heard a distant squeaking sound of footsteps.

At first I thought it was my own muddy shoes but it was not what I thought. The rain was continuous but a little less harsh but this sound of someone following me was about to give me a heart attack. A sudden stroke of a hand shrugged my soul and I just screamed my lungs out in tremendous fear. A hand closed my mouth from making this blast and that hand was of one of my friends.

A swift wave of relaxed politeness went through my soul and I eased up myself but as soon as she uncovered my mouth and the other ones came from behind, I just fired them with my words as bullets. They asked me to calm down and told me that they were as lost as I was. We all were searching for each other and we ended up lying on the road with loads of laughter.

A sudden realization that we are still lost and far away from our residence erased our laughter and smiles. But then I told them what I did before I was found. My friends were so proud of me and I was feeling like a knight in a shining armor which will save the day.  I had taken a screenshot of the location which I searched from the website.

We decided to follow it. As soon as we got back to the elm street, we walked a little further and reached the Jenks Peoria Trail. We took a right to the elm street and finally we were out of that dark and gloomy area. We were literally jumping in happiness.

After walking a few steps forward we saw the grand Walmart neighborhood market. All four of us rushed in to the store and grabbed some warm and cozy clothes as we were freezing with constantly getting wet in the rain. We got some food as well because we were extremely hungry. Now I knew how to use my credit card in Walmart store for shopping and purchasing so I didn’t have any problem in dealing with my card.

After we were done shopping as we promised we will do it together, we rushed back to our residential hotel in which we were staying. We didn’t get lost again this time because my friends knew the way. But I was still wondering how did they got lost if they knew so much about the directions in New York.

Any way I was glad that I am safe and alive no matter what the conditions were. I will never wish to get lost like that again but these memories are what matters. I always enjoy and always will whenever I will recall this incident with a lesson learnt that never ever go to a place without directions and without cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment